Indian Fish Curry
Total time to prepare: 30 minutes
3 Tbs. canola oil
1 onion, diced
1 Tbs. minced ginger
1 Tbs. minced garlic
1 tsp. ground coriander
½ tsp. ground turmeric
½ tsp. ground cumin
½ tsp. chili powder
¼ cup dried apricots
1 cup plain whole yogurt
1 15 oz. can no-salt-added diced tomato
2 cups small cauliflower florets
1 lb. cod or other firm white fish filets, cut into 1-inch pieces
½ tsp. kosher salt
• In a large, deep skillet, heat the oil over medium heat until shimmering. Sauté the onion until browned, 3-5 minutes. Stir in the ginger, garlic, spices, and apricots. Cook for 1 minute.
• Stir in the yogurt, tomatoes, cauliflower, and 1 cup of water. Simmer until the cauliflower is tender, 10-12 minutes.
• Reduce the heat to low, add the fish, and simmer gently until cooked through, 3-5 minutes.
• Season with up to ½ tsp. salt.
Per Serving (1 ½ cups curry + ½ cup rice)—
Total fat: 15 g
Saturated fat: 2.5 g
Sodium: 400 mg
Carbohydrates: 42 g
Fiber: 5 g
Protein: 28 g
Other relevant links:
• Even a vegetarian salad can keep you satisfied. See: Healthy Recipes: Try This Protein-Packed Salad Recipe
• Another delicious curry recipe. See: Healthy Recipes: Make This Chicken Peanut Curry with Your Kids Tonight!
• Looking for more cauliflower recipes? See: Healthy Recipes: Try This Nutrient-Packed Lunch of Roasted Carrot and Cauliflower