October has arrived! We’re ushering in autumn with a delicious butternut squash recipe.
You can also use half beets, half butternut squash.
Total time to prepare: 15 minutes. Serves 4.
- 1 lb. butternut squash, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbs. pomegranate juice or orange juice
- 1/8 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds, toasted
- 3 Tbs. dried cranberries
1. Steam the squash until tender, 3-5 minutes. Drain any water.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the mustard, vinegar, juice, salt, and oil.
3. Toss the squash in the bowl with the dressing.
4. Sprinkle with the pumpkin seeds and cranberries.
Per Serving (3/4 cup):
- Calories: 190
- Fat: 12 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Protein: 4 g
- Carbs: 19 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Sodium: 150 mg
Make sure to check out more of The Healthy Cook, Kate Sherwood’s delicious recipes!