Asian Herb Salad
The 3 herbs plus the cabbage make this salad pop with flavor and crunch. To turn it into a meal for four, double the dressing and toss in a pound of shredded cooked chicken or cubes of sautéed or baked tofu.
2 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
2 Tbs. peanut butter
1 Tbs. reduced-sodium soy sauce
1 small clove garlic, minced
1 tsp. sugar
1 cup basil leaves
1 cup mint leaves
1 cup cilantro leaves
4 cups thinly sliced napa cabbage
1 cup grated carrot
¼ cup roasted peanuts
• In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, peanut butter, soy sauce, garlic, and sugar.
• Chop the basil, mint, and cilantro leaves and toss with the cabbage and carrot.
• Toss the salad with the dressing and garnish with the peanuts.
Serves 4 as a side salad.
Total Fat: 9 g
Saturated Fat: 1.5 g
Protein: 6 g
Carbohydrates: 15 g
Fiber: 6 g
Sodium: 180 mg
Other relevant links:
• Try this delicious, creamy soup. See: Healthy Recipes: Roasted Red Pepper Soup
• What about a healthy dessert? See: Looking for Healthy Dessert Recipes? Why Not Try These Delicious Chocolate, Fruit, & Nut Clusters?
• A crisp, delicious side salad to add to your dinner tonight. See: Healthy Recipes: Shredded Side Salad