Caribbean BBQ Chicken
Total time to prepare: 20 minutes
8 pitted prunes
3 cloves garlic
½ cup orange juice
2 Tbs. fresh lime juice
3 Tbs. reduced-sodium soy sauce
1 tsp. red pepper flakes (optional)
1 tsp. ground allspice
2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 Tbs. canola oil
• In a blender, purée the prunes, garlic, orange juice, lime juice, soy sauce, and spices.
• In a large zipper plastic bag, pound the chicken to an even ½-inch thickness. Pour the prune purée into the bag with the chicken and coat the chicken evenly.
• In a large non-stick skillet, heat the oil over medium heat until shimmering. Sauté the chicken in two batches until lightly charred and cooked through, 3-4 minutes per side.
Per Serving (1 medium chicken breast)—
Total fat: 9 g
Saturated fat: 1 g
Sodium: 340 mg
Carbohydrates: 12 g
Fiber: 1 g
Protein: 35 g
Try serving with this Mango Salsa as well:
Pulse in a food processor until minced: 2 cups chopped mango, 1 cup chopped cucumber, 1 cup chopped cherry tomatoes, ¼ cup cilantro leaves, 1 seeded and minced jalapeño (optional), 2 Tbs. lime juice, and ¼ tsp. kosher salt.
Other relevant links:
• What’s for dessert? See: Healthy Recipes: Pear Crisp
• Another delicious chicken recipe. See: Healthy Recipes: Delicious Chicken with Grilled Salsa and Peppers
• A healthier spin on fish tacos. See: Healthy Recipes: Delicious Fish Lettuce Tacos