The secret to moist fish: simmer it gently over low heat.
Total time to prepare: 30 minutes
1 onion, sliced
1 bulb fennel, cored and sliced
2 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
1 15 oz. can no-salt-added diced tomatoes
½ lb. baby potatoes, diced
¾ lb. white fish, cut into 1-inch chunks
1 cup shelled edamame
½ tsp. kosher salt
¼ cup mayonnaise
1 jarred roasted red pepper
• In a large skillet, sauté the onion and fennel in the oil until soft, 5-7 minutes.
• Add the tomatoes and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
• In a small pot, simmer the potatoes until tender, 8-10 minutes.
• Add the potatoes and 1 cup of the cooking water to the skillet. Turn the heat to low.
• Add the fish and edamame and very gently simmer until the fish is cooked through, about 5 minutes. Season with up to ½ tsp. of salt.
• In a small food processor, purée the mayonnaise with the red pepper.
• Ladle the stew into bowls and serve with a spoonful of the roasted red pepper mayonnaise.
Total Fat: 22 g
Saturated Fat: 3 g
Protein: 23 g
Carbohydrates: 19 g
Fiber: 4 g
Cholesterol: 30 mg
Sodium: 400 mg