Edamame Succotash Recipe
For our take on succotash, we replaced the lima beans with edamame (unripened green soybeans).
Total time to prepare: 15 minutes
- 1 Tbs. canola oil
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 cups corn, cut from 2 cobs or thawed from frozen
- 2 cups shelled edamame, fresh, or thawed from frozen
- ¼ cup low-fat sour cream or yogurt
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Sauté the pepper and onion for 2 minutes. Add the corn and edamame and heat through.
- Stir in the sour cream. Season with the salt and pepper and serve hot from the pan.
Now have a seat and enjoy this edamame succotash recipe. Serves 4
- Calories: 170
- Sodium: 200 mg
- Total Fat: 7 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 19 g
- Protein: 5 g
- Fiber: 4 g
Do you have a favorite succotash recipe, or a favorite edamame recipe? Let us know in the comments.
This article was originally published in 2014 and is updated regularly.