Total time to prepare: 1 hour 20 minutes
8 ripe, firm pears, cored and chopped
2 Tbs. lemon juice
1 Tbs. + ½ cup packed brown sugar
¼ cup whole-wheat flour
1½ cups old-fashioned rolled oats
½ tsp. cinnamon
¼ tsp. salt
¼ cup chopped walnuts
¼ cup butter, cut into small pieces
¼ cup canola oil
• Preheat the oven to 350°F.
• In a large bowl, mix the chopped pears with the lemon juice and 1 Tbs. of sugar. Transfer to a 9” x 13” baking dish.
• In a medium bowl, mix the ½ cup of sugar with the flour, oats, cinnamon, salt, and walnuts. With a fork, thoroughly mix in the butter and oil.
• Sprinkle the crumble evenly over the top of the pears.
• Bake until the topping is browned and the pears are tender, 50-60 minutes.
Total fat: 11 g
Saturated fat: 3 g
Sodium: 55 mg
Carbohydrates: 37 g
Fiber: 5 g
Protein: 3 g
Added sugar: 2½ tsp.