Chopped Chicken Salad
To make it vegetarian, drop the chicken and mix in 2 cups of cooked, shelled edamame.
Total time to prepare: 30 minutes
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast
¼ tsp. kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper
2 Tbs. mayonnaise
1 tsp. red wine vinegar
3 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
12 cherry tomatoes, cut in quarters
1 yellow bell pepper, diced
2 carrots, shredded
1 cup diced seedless cucumber (English or Japanese)
2 stalks celery heart with leaves, thinly sliced
4 cups mixed salad greens
4 sprigs basil, leaves removed and stems discarded
• Season the chicken with the salt and pepper. Grill until cooked through to an internal temperature of 165° F. Slice the chicken against the grain into 15 to 20 half-inch strips.
• Whisk together the mayonnaise, vinegar, and oil. Toss with the tomatoes, pepper, carrots, cucumber, and celery.
• Divide the salad greens onto four plates. Top with the vegetables and chicken slices. Garnish with the basil leaves.
Total Fat: 15 g
Saturated Fat: 2.5 g
Protein: 28 g
Carbohydrates: 9 g
Fiber: 2 g
Cholesterol: 70 mg
Sodium: 300 mg
Other relevant links:
- A delicious and nutritious curry recipe. See: Add This Indian Fish Curry to Your Collection of Healthy Recipes
- A crowd-pleasing chicken recipe. See: Healthy Recipes: Caribbean BBQ Chicken
- Why not try this fish stew for dinner tonight? See: Healthy Recipes: Fish Stew