The more tart the apple, the more savory the slaw.
Total time to prepare: 15 minutes
2 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
1 large onion, thinly sliced
2 Tbs. apple cider vinegar
1 Tbs. whole-grain dijon mustard
¼ tsp. kosher salt
8 cups mixed shredded cabbage (red, savoy, napa, and/or green)
1 apple, cored and cut into matchsticks or grated
• Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat until it shimmers. Sauté the onion, stirring frequently, until browned, 8-10 minutes. Remove from the heat.
• In a large bowl, whisk together the vinegar, mustard, and salt. Add the onions, cabbage, and apple and toss well.
Per Serving (1 cup)—
Carbohydrates: 11 g
Total fat: 4 g
Saturated fat: 0.5 g
Sodium: 130 mg
Fiber: 3 g
Protein: 2 g
Other relevant links:
• Try this delicious arctic char recipe. See: Healthy Recipes: Arctic Char with Green Apple-Dill Sauce
• A chicken dish sure to please the whole family. See: Healthy Recipes: Caribbean BBQ Chicken
• And for dessert… pear crisp! See: Healthy Recipes: Pear Crisp