Why slice the florets? It creates flat surfaces that brown nicely when sautéed.
Total time to prepare: 15 minutes
• Preheat the oven to 350°F. Bake the pine nuts until well browned, 8-10 minutes.
• Slice the cauliflower florets ¼-inch thick.
• In a large pan, heat the oil over medium heat until shimmering. Sauté the cauliflower, turning occasionally, until lightly browned and tender-crisp, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl.
• Combine the raisins, capers, vinegar, salt, and 1 Tbs. of water in a food processor. Pulse until the raisins and capers are minced. Add the pine nuts and pulse a few more times to roughly chop the nuts. Toss with the cauliflower.
Per serving (½ cup)—
Carbohydrates: 8 g
Total fat: 8 g
Saturated fat: 1 g
Sodium: 150 mg
Fiber: 3 g
Protein: 3 g
Other relevant links:
• Another delicious cauliflower recipe. See: Healthy Recipes: Cauliflower with Lemon-Pine Nut Dressing
• A healthy and easy-to-prepare stir-fry. See: Healthy Recipes: Mushroom Fried Rice
• A delicious recipe perfect for winter. See: Healthy Recipes: Stewed Butternut Squash and Spinach