Happy Wednesday! Try this quick and healthy salad recipe for a perfect midweek pick-me-up.
You can use leftover grilled or roasted chicken, or try crab or shrimp instead. If you use jarred roasted peppers instead of red bell peppers, blot them with a paper towel before chopping.
Total time: 15 minutes. Serves 4.
- ¼ cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- ¼ cup basil leaves
- ½ cup fresh dill sprigs
- 2 oil-packed anchovies, drained
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat sour cream
- 2 Tbs. lemon juice
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb. cooked chicken, shredded
- 2 jarred roasted red bell peppers, well-drained and chopped
- 3 inner celery ribs with leaves, thinly sliced
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- ½ lb. tomatoes, chopped
1. Make the herbed mayonnaise: In a food processor, pulse the herbs, anchovies, and garlic until coarsely chopped. Add the mayonnaise, sour cream, and lemon juice
and process until smooth. Season to taste with the pepper.
2. In a large bowl, toss the herbed mayonnaise with the chicken, peppers, and celery. Serve on the salad greens and garnish with the tomatoes.
Per Serving: Calories: 380 | Fat: 21 g | Sat Fat: 3.5 g | Protein: 36 g | Carbs: 11 g | Fiber: 4 g | Cholesterol: 110 mg | Sodium: 420 mg
If you enjoyed this, make sure to check out the rest of Kate’s creative, satisfying, and delicious recipes in this handy cookbook!