Fall is just around the corner and what better way to keep warm than with this delicious, hearty, and healthy roasted red pepper soup!
Total time: 30 minutes. Makes 8 cups.
- 3 lbs. red bell peppers (6–8), quartered lengthwise
- 4 oz. shallots, peeled
- 12 large cloves garlic, peeled
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups water
- ¼ cup light (low-fat) sour cream
- ¾ tsp. salt
- 1 bunch chives, chopped, for garnish
1. Toss the peppers, shallots, and garlic with the oil. Spread in a single layer on a
rimmed baking sheet.
2. Broil about 8 inches away from the element on high until the pepper skin begins to
blacken and blister, about 10 minutes.
3. Turn the shallots and garlic about halfway through and remove the garlic cloves
once they are golden brown.
4. Remove the baking sheet from the oven, cover with foil, and let cool. Once cool
enough to handle, remove the foil and peel the skin off the peppers.
5. Put the roasted vegetables and all the other ingredients except the chives into a
blender or food processor. Blend on high until smooth.
6. Gently heat to the desired temperature in the microwave or on the stovetop.
Garnish with the chives.
Per Serving (1 cup): Calories: 130 | Total Fat: 8 g | Sat Fat: 1.5 g | Protein: 3 g | Carbs: 15 g | Fiber: 3 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 230 mg
If you enjoyed this, make sure to check out the rest of Kate’s creative, satisfying, and delicious recipes in this handy cookbook!