This Spanish-inspired sauce is savory and slightly tart-sweet from the jarred roasted red peppers. Master it, and you can transform chicken, seafood, grains, or vegetables into a delicious dish.
We dabbed some on steamed shrimp with grilled onions and asparagus.
Total time to prepare: 15 minutes.
- 2 Tbs. tomato paste
- 3 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- 2 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 jarred roasted red peppers
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
1. In a small pan over medium-low heat, sauté the tomato paste, garlic, and almonds in the oil, stirring often, until the tomato paste starts to darken, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
2. Purée the sautéed ingredients with the roasted red peppers in a blender or food processor until smooth.
3. Season with up to ½ tsp. of salt.
- Calories: 35
- Sodium: 75 mg
- Total Fat: 3 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbs: 2 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 1 g
Make sure to check out more delicious recipes from The Healthy Cook, Kate Sherwood!
Photo: Jorge Bach/CSPI