Whether you’re looking for tips on staying healthy or answers to your questions about COVID-19 and food, you can find it right here.
What to know about COVID-19 and food
- Why food isn’t the problem with the coronavirus
- Our tips for buying and preparing food during the coronavirus pandemic
- Which grocery stores have special shopping hours for customers at high risk?
- Answers to your questions about COVID-19 and food
- Which of the top restaurant chains offer paid sick leave or COVID-19 leave policies?
Tips for staying healthy
- Foods & immunity: What’s the catch?
- 5 things to know about the coronavirus
- Can supplements boost your immune system?
- Practical tips to lower your risk of getting sick
- Takeout and delivery ordering tips
- Healthy snacks to keep at home
- Need some at-home exercise inspiration?
Recipes for healthy cooking at home
- 10 healthy pantry staples & 20 ways to cook them
- Flexible recipes to use up what’s in your pantry, freezer, and fridge
- Some of our favorite recipes for beans, frozen foods, and more
- Our Healthy Cook’s tips for cooking dried beans from scratch
- What to do with basic stewed beans
- How to make homemade refried beans
- How to make your own stock
- How to use frozen fruit
- The Healthy Cook’s waste-free kitchen tips
Tips for storing food safely
- What do the date labels on food actually mean?
- Smart storage (and freezing!) can extend the life of your food
- Can you tell if a food is safe to eat by smelling it?
- Can you slow cook frozen food?
- Can you refreeze thawed meat?
Photos (top to bottom): stock.adobe.com: rodimovpavel, tbralnina, jchizhe, hedgehog94.
Find this article interesting and useful?
Nutrition Action Healthletter subscribers regularly get sound, timely information about staying healthy with diet and exercise, delicious recipes, and the inside scoop on healthy and unhealthy foods in supermarkets and restaurants. If you don’t already subscribe to the world’s most popular nutrition newsletter, click here to join hundreds of thousands of fellow health-conscious consumers.
Have a comment, question, or idea?
Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. While we can’t respond to every email, we’ll be sure to read your message.